Our first maintenance job when we got back to the boat was to replace the thermostat for our Webasto heater. The thermostat failed in August when we left, and we determined it was old and couldn’t be repaired, so a replacement was needed. We ordered a new thermostat from Sure Marine, where we got the original unit, and we brought the new one with us when we came back to the boat in September.
The bad thermostat had been mounted on a bulkhead where it had been a little “in the way,” so we took advantage of installing the new one in a more favorable location. Good news…it works just fine. And we’re certainly looking forward to being able to use our heater for the colder nights in September!